Sunday, November 1, 2009

October is over?

Well another month closer to my 30th birthday! CRAZY. This month has flown by, hence the short post last time. Brian and I have been so busy I have to stop and think about what I did yesterday!
Since my last post, Blake has a new cousin! Brian's step-brother and his wife had a little boy, Gavin, on 10/14. We get to meet him this weekend, but we are so excited that Blake will have two cousins so close in age to grow up with. Macie is going to have her hand full with two little boys watching her run around this Christmas, but it will be so much fun.


Brian and I also got to get away with our friends to a cabin over in Wisconsin. Of course we chose the one weekend it was sleeting and snowing, but once we got there we had a great time. Blake was out in Buffalo for the second weekend in a row. He's going to start thinking Grandma and Grandpa are mom and dad! Anyway it was nice to get away. We joked that we actually got a full 8 hours of sleep. That hasn't happened in a long while, so it was nice. It's so nice to visit with our friends and not have to worry about what Blake is getting into, or him being fussy. I think it was good to be away, but really good to get home too. I have to admit, that Sunday we came home I let him sleep in my arms for his afternoon nap, just couldn't put him down.

This last week was a busy one, Blake had his 6 month check up in which he proceeded to get his normal shots and the flu shot. He does so well at the doctor, and only cries for a few seconds after the shots. Brian was there to hold him. He kept telling him to "be tough," guess it worked. The doctor also said he had a slight ear infection, which would explain our sleepless nights this last week. She said it was so mild that she couldn't tell if it was the beginning or the end of one. So Blake's first prescription, amoxicillan...he loves it! Just sucks it out of the little dropper, it's pretty funny. Other than the ear infection, he's doing very well. 19 lbs and 26 inches tall. He's becoming quite the heavyweight, and our arms can tell. I have permanently parked the car seat in the car, unless it's snowing or raining. It's so heavy with him in there.

We did also celebrate Halloween this weekend. Just a little costume from Once Upon a Child. He was only in it for a total of 30 minutes, well that doesn't include the nap he took. Cutest sleeping dalmatian dog I've ever seen. Next year will be fun. Brian already says he's going as a football player, but we'll see what Blake has to say about that one.
Work has been really busy for me, and Brian is getting closer to finding a job, so we're keeping our fingers crossed! This weekend we're headed out again to Nebraska to watch the Huskers take on the Sooners. I think Oklahoma and Nebraska are home to some of the craziest football fans, so I'm sure it will be a good time. Blake is staying with Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Sharon. This is his first overnight in Blue Earth. He'll have such a good time, it will be fun to see him interact with Macie. She'll run circles around him!

A few posts ago I said I would post some video of Blake eating, it's pretty funny. So I took some tonight, and in true Blake fashion while eating he takes time to "clear out his system" as well. I guess he had to make more room. So enjoy the video :)

No comments: