Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November is here...let the fun begin!


Friends, family, followers.....November is here, and depending on how well you know our family a LOT happens in November. We have birthdays, anniversarys, and not to mention Thanksgiving (one of my favorite holidays!). We started out with a bang-literally...on Thursday I lost my job at BI. The economy has really hit our business and I had already survived 3 rounds of layoffs, but this time it was my turn. It was a bittersweet day, although I was sad to leave all my friends I'm hopeful of another opportunity that has been put in my lap, hopefully more to update on that in a few days. As I arrived home Thursday morning, I was still pretty emotional, but nothing could be more uplifting than Blake jumping away in his jumperoo. An instant smile on my face! So as I've been telling Brian we need to have a positive attitude in these tough times, so that's what we're doing.

 





Our month started out with our bi-anuual trip to Nebraska to see the Cornhuskers take on the Oklahoma Sooners. According to Brian, it's a big game (I'm just a supporter not a follower :), well big game was an understatement! As we pulled into Lincoln at 2 pm. the "Sea of Red" began. It's everywhere. These fans are crazy! It was 70 degrees out and sunny, a beautiful day in NE. After we found parking and walked about a mile to the stadium we had the fortunate experience of seeing one of the Husker's Heisman Trophy winners. We also saw a presentation of the new Heisman room, and the weightroom. Even if you have no football background (like me), but you love to be entertained you'll love these games. We were there 5 hours before the game, and you would have thought it was starting in an hour. There are so many people that drive from all over to see these games. This particular game was their 303 consectuive sell out! There were 86,115 people at the game. Brian also weaseled his way down to the infamous "tunnel walk" it's where all of the team gather and walk out. This event starts off every home game and the stadium was SO LOUD. It is the craziest thing I've ever seen at a sporting event. Words just can't explain it, so here is the link to what they play on the Jumbotron, before the game. (This video is from youtube,so it's not our exact game, but thrilling just the same!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHmXyyL3SU Brian got to actually stand in the wings and see them so close up. Something every Huskers fan should do. It's really amazing. It was a great game, they won! We drove all the way back to Blue Earth afterwards, and got home at 430 am! It was worth it, so much fun and a nice weekend away together.





Blake got to spend the weekend at Jeff and Sharon's in Blue Earth. The Oian's were there too, so Blake and Macie had fun playing/clawing each other. Christmas is going to be so much fun this year with all the kids. He was also excited to get back to daycare, I think he missed Rebecca, Jaleah and the dogs. He just lights up when he gets there each morning!



Next week is a week of threes. I'll be turning 30 and Brian and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary. Lots of things going on...until next time!



No comments: