Monday, November 30, 2009

New home...new picture...and some Thanksgiving

Welcome to our new home on wordpress. After a long research I have decided to blog on this site instead. There are a lot more features and much easier to use.

When rethinking our blog and updating things, I realized that our old blog name didn't include a huge part of our family, Husker. I thought this picture was fitting because no matter what kind of day we have..stressful, crazy, busy etc. she always greets us wagging her tail. I think all dogs have a pretty positive outlook on life in general, and she is a constant reminder of that. So I've decided that her picture is a reminder that you should always slow down and realize that there is a lot of good things to be thankful for and keep a postive attitude, even during this crazy life we live in.

Now onto the last few weeks, since I've been researching chaning our blog, I haven't posted anything in a while. In fact, it was before my 30th birthday! That already seems so long ago. Anyway, Brian and my friends planned a surprise party for me, and I was SO surprised. I totally didn't think anything of it, and it was nice to have some close family and friends around to celebrate. I honestly can't believe that he pulled it off, I'm very NOSY!

As I mentioned in the previous blog November is quite the month full of celebrations, my birthday, our anniversary and my parent's birthdays and their wedding anniversary! All of those come before my favorite holiday Thanksgiving. It was really fun this year to have Blake here and all the more reasons to be thankful. He made [well,  Rebecca made] a Turkey hat thing, that he wore to all of our gatherings. 

We spent Thanksgiving at my aunt's house, and then ended the weekend down in Blue Earth with Brian's family. It was a whirlwind of great food and good times. After a long weekend it's nice to be home, I can't believe December starts tomorrow already. Blake turned 7 months yesterday, and Brian and I just realized how fast this has all gone by. Seems like everyone that said, kids grow up before you're eyes were right...darn. Anyway, you may have seen our growing "football pictures" so below is the latest, and also a few others worth sharing.

 



Thanks for following us on our new blog...until next time.




[caption id="attachment_108" align="aligncenter" width="232" caption="Finally asleep after a day of no naps!"][/caption]


2 comments:

sara said...

He's adorable! Look at that smile...priceless:) Glad you had a good holiday!

Annie said...

Again, I am so impressed with your blog site- how do you do it all?! :)