Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day = Family Fun!

This weekend was jampacked with things starting off with Blake's four month check up. He's doing wonderful! He's 16 lbs, and 26 inches. He did a wonderful job and mostly just slept the rest of the day. He did join my mom and I shopping--he's such a trooper. Of  course he got a few things too! It was such a gorgeous day out, so he was happy to be in his stroller...not to hot and sweaty.
Saturday was gorgeous too, Brian's stepsister Kathie got married out in Wayzata. It was a gorgeous day, and we were fortunate enough to get a whole Vriesen family picture with everyone. After photos my parents came and got Blake, for his overnight adventure--or maybe theirs--in Buffalo. Brian and I used the wedding as a date night excuse, it was so relaxing and fun to talk to everyone. (We also got a good night sleep!) Brian's dad and Sharon came over to spend Sunday night with us. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful family so close and great to hang out with.


Monday we went to Como Zoo with The Vriesen's and the Oians. It was Blake's first trip to the zoo. He didn't see much from his stroller, but it was fun for the rest of us. Como Zoo is like stroller-pa-looza. Kids and strollers everywhere. We saw some cool strollers that held two kids...it's kind of weird what things I get excited about these days!




Speaking of being excited, only six days until I go back to work. Brian and I are probably going to be in shock next week getting into t another new schedule, but I'm excited to be somewhat "normal" again. It's been 4 long months at home, and although I've enjoyed it, I'm glad to go back. Eating lunch all in one sitting, being able to get up and go to the bathroom and not have to worry about Blake or Husker, actually being able to check my email more than once a day...these are the little things I miss.

No comments: