Friday, September 25, 2009

Change is a good thing


Well there has been a slight delay since my last post. Mostly due to the fact of all the changes going on in our family! Last week I finally came back to work and Blake started daycare.  We were very lucky to find Rebecca, a stay at home mom and mother to Jaleah. She has made this transition SO easy on us. Blake loves being there and is always happy when I get there at the end of the day. This picture is from Rebecca, it was their first stroll together. I think Blake was slightly confused about having another person in the stroller with him! They are so cute together and it will be fun for them to grow up and play together.


We've also introduced FOOD! Super exciting, and just another step towards growing up. We started out with rice cereal, but for any of you who have tasted it...YUCK. He wasn't really into it so we moved on to baby oatmeal. That has defintely been a hit. He gets really excited and kicks his legs when he eats it. And thanks to Rebecca he's eating a ton of it. Well I guess if you consider about 8-9 tablespoons a day a ton, then yes he's eating a ton. It's definitely helped with sleeping at night. He's so full! He's actually a pretty clean eater, but I'm sure that will change. My mom said I was pretty clean too, so it must be hereditary. He really likes to suck on his bib, so he actually cleans himself up! Husker also likes to sit next to him in hopes that I will drop something. I tell her not to worry, there will be plenty of food dropped in the next few years that she'll have first dibs on. He's rolling over more and more each day and sitting up with our assistance a lot too. He LOVES his jumperoo, and will bounce and laugh in that for 20 minutes or so. It's actually pretty funny. [I'll try to post a video soon] He found his feet and loves playing peek-a-boo with Brian, it's become a nightly routine and endless amounts of giggling. It's so exciting to see all the changes each day.

         Not only are things changing for Blake, things are finally picking up for me at work too. I've been helping out in other departments that are really busy with client visits etc, so my days go by really fast. I was a little worried about coming back and not being busy enough to be distracted, but it has been a real easy transition for me. Brian is also making huge changes, after many years at Virchow Krause, he has decided to leave. It was a very hard decision for him, but it will allow him to make a transition into a job where he can have more time with family and friends. It's been something that's bothered him for a while, and I'm glad we're at a point where he can take this step. I'm confident he'll find something that will work with our life, and we'll just keep movin on!We are excited to have some trips coming up this fall, going to the cabin with some friends and then making our bi-annual trip to Nebraska for a football game. We're going baby free both times! Blake [and Husker] are staying with my parents in October, and with Jeff and Sharon in November. All grandparents are very excited for this, as are Brian and I to get away and have some time for just the two of us. I can't believe how much your lives change and time flies when you have a baby. That's why these advance planned times together are necessary!

          

         This fall is going by so fast! As I type this I realize that Blake will be 5 months on Tuesday. It's crazy to think that only about a year ago we were telling our friends and family about being pregnant, and now he's already 5 months! I'll post his football pictures next week, and hopefully some family pictures this fall. Thanks for reading, until next time! [of course more pictures below]




Super excited about the Twins game.


Husker enjoys "protecting" him while he jumps!


Rolled over mid picture, but it's a cute outfit so--oh well.


Waiting for dinner in the bumbo.

1 comment:

Rathlisberger Family said...

I can't believe how big Blake is getting! He is such a doll. It is so fun to see the changes he is making in such a short period of time!