Friday, February 26, 2010

Blog away....

Since I've been back at work I feel like the only time I have to blog is on my lunch hour, so as my co-workers say "blog away."  Another busy month in the Vriesen household, as usual.  Since our last post, Blake turned 9 months, and this weekend already he'll be 10 months old. It's amazing how fast time flies! Blake is now officially crawling, and very fast at that. He is very intrigued by Husker's dog dish, and other gross things like liking the TV?! It's pretty funny to watch him change on a daily basis.  One nice break is that even through teething, he's been very good. If you remember back to my first blog about the annoying question "is he a good baby" I guess I can finally say yes.  He is consecutively sleeping through the night, and loves going to daycare everyday.....I think the only time we really hear him cry is when we take something away from him. So in that case we're pretty lucky.

Brian and I, well more me, have really noticed how great it is to all be home during what we would normally call "busy season." Having Brian around after work each night is about the only way we eat dinner. Each night one of us cooks...we'll let's face it...usually me, and Brian and Blake play. It's a two person job! Husker is starting to become more aware of Blake, she definitley jumps when his little hands latch onto her tail. I think they are going to be really good together. We are really looking forward to spring where we can finally all go on a walk together, I'm thinking Husker is the most excited about that.

Since Brian has been home more this winter we have had time to go out and do things! A few weeks ago my parents took Blake for the entire weekend, mostly we slept in, but it was nice to get a bunch of things done around the house. I do have to admit, but Sunday afternoon we were happy to see him again. It's funny how fast you forget what your life was before kids! We also had another "makeshift" date night at my good friends Couples Baby shower last weekend. We have such a great group of friends, it's nice to get out and be able to stay out late....although, sad to say 1:30 am is WAY past my bedtime.  This week for Brian's birthday we went to the Gopher Basketball game, although they lost it was a REALLY fun game. Not to mention we got to see a great half time show, Quickchange [pretty amazing...google their act]. Blake and Husker of course always gets to hang out with the best babysitters, one of which is my friend Katie. She is always offering to babysit and for that we are truly grateful!

So not only is Brian turning the big 32...Blake is turing 10 months old, although technically there isn't a 29th day of Feb, so we're just going to say it's the 28th :) As I've mentioned before we have a great daycare, Rebecca takes pictures of the kids all the time. Sometimes she'll email me at work, and it's definitely the highlight of the day. On Blake's 9 month b-day she staged a little photo shoot in the play room, so I've included some of the pictures. Enjoy! (sorry they're so small, click on them to make them bigger)[gallery link="file"]

1 comment:

cmgottschalk said...

He's such a lil cutie pie! And look at those teethers!! How awesome of Rebecca to take those photos at daycare, wow, I'm impressed!